Listen to the episode here.
“Slaves to Armok: God of Blood Chapter II: Dwarf Fortress (usually shortened to Dwarf Fortress) is a part roguelike, part city-building freeware video game set in a procedurally-generated high fantasy universe in which the player takes control of a group of dwarves and attempts to construct a successful and wealthy mountainhome. Along the way the player must face off with the dangers of their environment, invaders and sieges, vampires and other night creatures, and the occasional rampant megabeast, all while keeping their dwarves happy and their fortress alive.”
Pick the game up here.
– Intricate tapestry of systems upon systems
– Incredibly open ended
– You always come away with a story
– Full of “Fun”
– Terrible and complicated UI
– Your precious dwarves will ALWAYS die
– 90% of gameplay is spent paused
– Brutally unforgiving learning curve
Ratings, next week’s game and contact information after the jump.
Super Budget Brothers: 6
Next week’s game: Hyper Princess Pitch