Listen to the episode here.
“In Anodyne, you explore and fight your way through nature, urban and abstract themed areas in the human Young’s subconscious, evoked by a 16-bit-era visual style and a moody, dream-like soundtrack.”
Pick the game up here.
– Music is phenomenal
– Combat is tight and refined
– Contrast between sunny and moody locations helps to reinforce a feeling of unease throughout
– Platforming elements feel needlessly tacked on
– Method of fast travel is unnecessarily confusing
– Story seems to lose it’s focus and become overly cryptic
Ratings, next week’s game and contact information after the jump.
Super Budget Brothers: 8
Next week’s game: Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad