Listen to the episode here.
“AlterEgo is a multi-level, platform game where you navigate around platforms, obstacles and monsters to collect jumping pixels. You have an alter ego or phantom twin that mirrors your moves from across the screen.”
Pick the game up here.
– Chunky pixel art style fits well with dreamscape setting
– Alter ego swapping mechanic allows for “zany” possibilities
– Interesting skeletally-themed enemies, including Nathan’s favorite: The Rib Crawler
– Readily apparent that the PC version is simply a mobile port
– Platforming feel quirky and unpolished (hit-boxes seem to be off)
– No change in tilesets to match new music
Ratings, next week’s game and contact information after the jump.
Super Budget Brothers: 6
Next week’s game: Chivalry: Medieval Warfare