Listen to the episode here.
“Descend into the Dungeon of Chaos, retrieve the Amulet of Yendor, kill all who stand in your way and return with your prize.”
Pick the game up here.
– Stark art style gives a feeling of isolation and despair
– Buckets of pixel blood
– Eating the hearts and wearing the faces of enemies can be disturbingly satisfying
– Tedious menu navigation makes every action a chore
– Too complex for an action game, but not enough choice for a rogue-like
– Game insists on forcing repetition before giving the player adequate information for decisions
Ratings, next week’s game and contact information after the jump.
Super Budget Brothers: 5
Next week’s game: Pan Man (Major Bueno)