Listen to the episode here.
“You Have to Win the Game is an exploration platformer with a retro 1980s PC aesthetic.”
Pick up the game here.
– Presentation as a retro game is fantastic
– Controls feel responsive and snappy
– Power orbs feel like significant checkpoints without being spaced too far apart
– Lack of music is distracting at times
– Unless you have a heavy nostalgia for the cyan and purple display style, switch to 16 color mode to more easily see dangers and pickups
– Jump sound may drive lesser mortals insane
The Super Budget Brothers recommend this game to fans of fairly difficult platformers and enjoy a bit of exploration. There are a few screens that can frustrate casual players and prevent progression.
Next week’s game: Warframe